Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Xol for the Soul



Yesterday, it was a sunny 45degree day. Since the weather has been so bad, that was my cue to get out and enjoy the day. I went to the Arboretum. The workers were all getting ready for the Spring Dallas Blooms, planting lots of bulbs. Even when so much of nature is dormant, there is just something wonderful, a renewal, of being outdoors for a long walk. There were only a handful of people in the entire park. So, for more than 2 hours, I walked, soaked in the sun, watched nature, listened to the birds sing and the leaves rustling around me.

Neither the birds, nor the squirrels seemed afraid of me. Almost as if they welcomed me to their little place of Heaven.



It was a day of pure tranquility!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

Just lovely.
Inspiring.
Beautiful.
It's cold here...finally.
I was walking thru the parking lot at my office going to lunch and I was looking at the gray sky, seeing the scary bare trees reaching upward as tho they were begging for sunshine. I buttoned up my fleece & thermal jacket as the wind seemed to cut me in two. I see the sporadic bird flying hurriedly in the sky. I need some sunshine myself. I need some new buds of life. The sprouting of some flowers. I know, I know patience. I know that once spring and summer come I will embrace them all the more after days like today. But until then I love to see some beautiful, peaceful, blinding white snow!!!! Haven't had that this year and it's beginning to freak me out a bit. Starting to really consider the truths behind global warming.
NEwho, thanks for the lovely pics. It's good to gaze at their beauty.

9:16 PM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

I love to see the little critters and the plants. Great pictures.

11:22 PM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

Nature is very soothing and relaxing. Fresh air is great it makes me feel alive.

2:06 PM, January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home