Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Favorable Resolution

Resolutions have taken on an unfavorable reputation. They seem doomed to fail; in fact, some say their only resolution is to make "no resolution." But God desires us to be on a continual journey to become more Christ-focused and to live a life of testimony in Christ. So perhaps 2007 will be a year that the resolutions made will actually begin a God-desired change.

This has been my thinking as I begin a new year. Instead of a negative approach to 'resolutions' I've thought about changes needed and asked God to show me things He'd like me to work on. And because He desires me to continue to grow in Him, and He has provided me with the Holy Spirit, I think I can confidently approach my areas of change with a spirit of anticipated success. God's love does transform everything...thankfully, that includes me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bailey said...

I like the way that you are thinking here. Resoultions with Gods help are far more possible than with just man's ideas. It reminds me of the parable of the mustard seed.

Happy new year.

12:10 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

Very good. May this be a year of change (for the better) for all of us.

11:26 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Blessed said...

Very much enjoying your blog! Glad to see someone else writing about God in their life!
A quote for you:
"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential."--Ellen Goodman
Many blessings to you!

9:25 AM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home