Sunday, December 17, 2006

Immanuel

"Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14 NIV)

"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel"–which means God with Us." (Matthew 1:22-23 NIV)

The OT told of Christ's coming. The NT is prophesy fulfilled. Immanuel, God with us, confirms it in my life. This has been a special year for me as I have learned more about God. And myself. I've grown in intimacy with Him by inviting Him to be more a part of each day. Daily I seek His wisdom. I surrender my will and ask God for a blueprint for my day. God has always been with me. This year, I had an opportunity to enjoy Him more by inviting Him to be a have a more active part in my life. And I'm more aware. Of Him. His work. His guidance. His love. And His blessings! For this reason alone, even though 2006 was a year of loss for me in many ways, it has also been a special year because God is with me. And with you, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home