Thursday, December 07, 2006

Love Transforms Everything

I saw a Christmas sale promotion sign that reads "Love Transforms Everything." And it's true. Whether given from a friend, family member, or even our pets, love can change a dreary day to one of hope and joy so easily.

Love taken away also transforms things. I have a friend who was pursued and romanced with passion by a guy. He made many declarations of a future, commitment and authenticity. She believed in him and fell in love. But it seems his love was conditional. Now, she is left with only brokenness. A broken heart. And the emptiness that comes from the loss of someone believed to be a friend. Sadly, this is such a common story. I know I've experienced it several times in my life. People make heartfelt promises of love and commitment. But somewhere, there are unspoken conditions. I promise to love you forever (if)...

But God's love is different. He doesn't love us less if we fail Him. He doesn't withdraw His love from us if He sees something in us He doesn't like. He simply loves us because He is love. His love for us is unquenchable, so great, He sent His Son to die that we might have eternal life. Galatians 5:6 tells us we express our faith when we love. As we learn to love others more, it transforms us. We become more patient with others, more caring, and willing to extend grace to others when they disappoint us. As we change, we become more like Jesus as we see the world through God's eyes.

Yes, God's unconditional love definitely transforms everything!

2 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

Well said. God does love us just the way we are. I'm just grateful that he doesn't seem to be willing to leave me just the way I am and is working to make changes in me. More for my sake than for his. He could always make another person, but without him I could do nothing. ;-)

5:50 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Shae said...

I love the way ya'll think! Thanks to both of your posts.

~Shae

11:52 AM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home