Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm Learning...

I'm learning to be thankful in all things. And to see the work of God in my life in the small things as well as the big. Usually, I'm busy–my mind racing among a thousand topics–and I don't always notice God's presence in my day. I just returned from a 17-hour roundtrip road trip. Along the way, I saw an accident or two and a couple of stranded motorists, even a hitchhiker late at nite, facing roadside danger as he hoped and thumbed for a ride. Today, I took someone on an errand and passed through the same intersection twice within a 3 minute span. On my return trip, I came upon a pretty bad accident that had not been there just minutes before. Ordinarily, I would have been so busy moving on to the next project that I would have missed the realization and acknowledgment of the blessings God gave me. How He kept me in His protective care. God cares about the tiniest details of our lives, but sometimes I forget that in the busyness of the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

I'm so glad that God kept you safe. I think some of that kind of stuff too. I have picked up a person who was walking beside the road a couple of times.

The neat thing was the last one I picked up, I didn't recognize. He said he knew me and it turned out that his Mom babyset my daughter when she was about 2 years old.

6:04 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home