Monday, November 20, 2006

Rejoice or Rant?

Do you think if men, not-inspired by God, had written the Bible it would have the same meaning? I think some passages might read something like this....

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice because I just got a raise (or a date, or a new car, or...) and be glad in it."

or....

"If this is the day the Lord has made, why am I having to deal with all of these idiots?! (grumble, grumble, rant!)"

Isn't that how we think sometimes. Now, when I read scripture, I try to really focus in on the message intent God inspired. So, when I read, "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." ... it speaks to me that regardless of my circumstances, God wants me to rejoice, to have His joy, peace, and hope as I go about my day? I'm a work in progress, so some days, I'm more inclined to grumble and rant, but I do seek to honor Him with my heart and actions. I am thankful for His loving grace and mercy on the days my rants are louder than my rejoicing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

I can't imagine you ranting really loud ;-) but I know that there are those times for all of us when.....

3:20 PM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger Shae said...

This is such a good post for me to read today Alva. I may not "outwardly" grumble these days...but I'm definitely grumblimg on the inside...and it's not my stomach! lol Thanks for the post...it is a great reminder.

~Shae

9:07 AM, November 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home