Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Friend Sharpens

This week, there is a more profound awareness of things to be thankful for in our lives. There is much that I am grateful for, but especially the people in my life who sharpen me. The ones who share my faith and speak wisdom to me when I'm foggy with indecision. One of my best lifelong friends thinks nothing of telling me when she thinks I'm wrong; she's not afraid it will hurt our friendship or my feelings. She simply tells me I'm wrong. Her candor does not affect our friendship. She knows me. She loves me. And I believe God works through her to point me to clearer thinking. I've learned the value and importance of having people in my life who know me well and help me become a better Christian by the words they speak to me.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

4 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

I'm afraid I have spent a lot of years getting dull. I need more people to sharpen me.

12:52 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger Shae said...

Same here Moggy!

Shae~

2:47 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger Janell Price said...

It is impossible to "lay our life down" in a practical relational sense if we don't have people in our lives who speak the truth to us in love. But it takes two to make this work. The one who speaks and the one who humbles herself and listens. I commend you and your friend for illustrating Kingdom living in this way. This is a match made in Heaven. How blessed you are!

5:51 PM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Thanks Jay KTX. My friend, she and I share a love of the Hill country...we met in college while attending UT in Austin. You live in a very beautiful place!

For those reading this post, check out Jay's beautiful photos: http://turnsintheroad.blogspot.com/

6:02 PM, November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home