Tuesday, November 07, 2006

His Promise

A few months ago, I was praying about a major decision I needed to make. I kept thinking that I knew God's plans for me, but they didn't make sense according to 'conventional wisdom.' And I was afraid to take the first step of change. After praying one morning, I began to read scripture and God took me to this:

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)

As I read His words to me, a confident peace came over me and I knew that even though I was taking a step into the unknown, God was right beside me. And He promised to help me.

In the months since, I can testify that He has calmed unexpected fears. He has provided wisdom when I've sought Him. And although things have been tough at times, He has helped me. When I read this scripture, I am reminded that His word remains timeless, but is always timely. I can't imagine living my life without fellowship and dependence on God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home