Monday, November 06, 2006

Problems: A Different Point of View

"Keep your eyes on the Problem Solver (Jesus), not the problem.

I FINALLY learned the benefits of that saying. When I keep my eyes on my problems, I often become consumed by them and that starts a spiral downward of negative thoughts and feelings. Our mind tries to fill in the gaps of things we can't understand and sometimes, we think, or dwell, on things that simply are not true. When problems come, and I make a concentrated effort to keep my focus on God, things are much different. I ask Him for wisdom in making decisions. I ask Him for protection. Sometimes I just praise Him for being a God who loves me so much. And I spend time reading His word. I'm learning (still very much a work in progress!) to be still and listen to what He wants to show me in the midst of my problem or trial. Sometimes our problems are huge. Overwhelming. And they seek to consume us if we allow them. But I find peace and comfort when I still long enough to seek Him. Trusting that He will not give me more than He and I can handle together.

Be inspired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home