Friday, December 29, 2006

My Connection to President Ford



I've never met a US president, but I've had two brushes with what could be described as "1 degree of separation." The first was in 1982 in Austin, Texas. Stephen Ford, son of former president Gerald Ford, was on a promotional tour for his role on The Young & The Restless (that's me, with Stephen-on the right, and Dennis Cole-on the left). I didn't watch the soap, but I did recognize him years later when he played the role of Joe, Sally's boyfriend in "When Harry Met Sally" (remember the guy she's kissing at the airport?).

I was young when Gerald Ford was president. I think it's always sad when a president dies. Something about the loss of a man who once held one of the most powerful positions in the world. I like the way his wife of more than 50 years remarked about him, "His life was filled with love of God, his family and his country." Life should be experienced with a heart of love.

(No comments about my hair...it was the '80s in Texas!)

In memory of a U.S. President...rest in peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

touching post. Glad to see Ford get some props.
Guess what? I too have met Dennis Cole! Funny, huh?

9:20 AM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home