Saturday, January 06, 2007

Changes

I remember a song David Bowie sang in the 70's.

CHANGES
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

I always liked the line, "Time may change me, but I can't trace time." I think that is true. In Time, we can change. Disappointments can defeat us. Broken relationships can crush our spirit. Losses can cripple us. Moment by moment, a little bit of who we are chips away. And then one day we don't recognize the face in the mirror.

But, I find that as I walk with Jesus, sharing my day with Him, I'm more inclined to experience His love and comfort when I experience the blows. And rather than becoming defeated or crippled, I get a chance to know God more intimately as He works in my life and heart, changing me in a better way.

Change is definitely inevitable! And it will not always be positive change. But I find that change has a way of helping us grow and helping me draw closer to God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

That was pretty powerful!!!
You know I feel that 2006 was a great year. I have been around the land of blog and I have seen so many bloggers doing 'wrap ups' of their year and most weren't telling of how their year was a good one.
I keep thinking of how blessed I am and even though I have been thru times of hell, times of stress, times of crap, times of crying, times of asking why, overall, I am blessed. I have seen my sister go thru breast cancer again after being in remission for 10 years, I have seen alot of people die this year, I work in a medical practice and I see alot of sick people. Thru all this suffering I thank God for all that I have. I am so appreciative and grateful. Infact, I still don't think I'm grateful enough. I, too, am so glad to have God and Jesus by my side thru thick and thin. Thru ups and downs. I have this prayer card in my car and it says "There is NOTHING that we cannot get thru together". So true. Amen.

4:15 PM, January 07, 2007  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

I like the song, but not the way he dresses. David Bowie that is.

It is great that you can spot positive messages like that in pop music. If you can focus on the positives from something it is great. I like the song but never looked at it from a positive message context that is very observant.

12:13 PM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home