Monday, January 08, 2007

What Now Lord?

Sunday, December 31, a guest professor from a local seminary and member of our church spoke about serving God with our lives. He said we are generally in one of three phases depending upon the request: "Who me?!" "How me?" or "Yes me!"

Often, when God nudges us to get out of our comfort zone and serve others, defend a cause, or share Christ, we think "Who me?" But God equips us and the Holy Spirit empowers us to do the work of God. "How me?" is when we're willing but unsure of the first step. "Yes me!" is when we're willing to serve, no matter what the cost.

I find that saying "Yes" is sometimes hard, but always rewarding. Sometimes it is freeing. Sometimes unconventional in the way we think things should be. The book, "The Purpose Driven Life" reminded us that God created us uniquely to serve Him...He gave each of us talents, skills, passions, and gifts to allow us to accomplish His will for our lives. Knowing that He created me for a unique purpose is inspiring to me. So, as we begin a new year, it's okay to ask "What now, Lord?" as we seek His wisdom in the plans He has for our lives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bailey said...

Sharing Christ is often a very touchy and challenging task esp. in business etc. The way that I have found to work it in is through sharing what makes me succesful and then it allows me to talk about people like Solomon in the bible and how he prayed for wisdom. It also allows me to talk about faith in general and share parables about talents and the faith to move mountains. It takes creativity to share and purpose driven life is a great example of that. He wears hawiian shirts... creative but no less powerful in the message.

I often find it challenging even speaking to people with faith because sometimes they are looking for a point to disagree on and focus only on that.

Your posts are very inspiring. I go to Saddleback Church sometimes that is where the author of the Purpose Driven Life preaches.

I like what you are saying here it is fantastic reading and very positive.

4:22 PM, January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home