Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Healthy Habits

I like Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen. They present insightful information in easy to understand language to help us all feel better, look younger, and improve our overall health.

In their book, "You: The Owner's Manual" they illustrate "6 Foods to Keep Your Mind Young." Their rule of thumb is 'what is harmful to your heart, is also harmful to your brain. "Saturated fats clog arteries that lead to our brain. Good fats (omega-3 fatty acids) keep arteries clear; they also alter the neurotransmitters which reduce depression."

Surprise...real chocolate, daily, is actually good for us!
Click here for more great information!

It's been said 21 days of anything makes a habit! Here's to developing healthy habits for a better life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bailey said...

These are great ideas. I have heard about the chocoalte idea in another place that said only 85 percent and I could only find one brand that is that high.

The others on the list are also great.

I do not eat soy either.

Excellent information. Nice format to post this in.

4:26 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

Wow I added it all up and I could be about 12 years younger ;-)

Thanks for the info.

10:17 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, thanks for leaving a few comments on my blog. It's nice to be read and to have some of the things I've been thinking about be meaningful to someone else. I hope that you'll continue to find inspiration!

:-)

9:03 PM, January 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Dr. Oz on Oprah... I reviewed the "You: On a Diet" program (from Oprah's show) on my blog, if you're interested!

<>< Mizbooks

4:32 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Mizbooks....

Thanks for stopping by. I took a quick peep at your IE site. I think we're on the same page. I believe: everything God made in moderation and proper portion sizes, plus exercise (weights, cardio, stretching), and rest. I'm really trying more to read labels and being educated about what they really mean to improve nutrition.

I'll check out your other sites too!

4:41 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home