Monday, January 15, 2007

A Destiny Beyond Your Dreams

"The steep hill you've been climbing for such a long time may be the ramp to a destiny beyond your dreams."
Chuck Swindoll

It's true, sometimes the challenges in our lives are so very difficult. They can impact us spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. They seem to have no end in sight, and can affect our hope if we're not careful. But I think when we keep the faith, trusting even when we can't see very far ahead, it's quite possible that the long, difficult journey is taking us to a place more wonderful and beautiful than we can even dream of. Hold on to hope!

5 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

Surly I'm almost at the top of the ramp by now ;-)

6:46 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

Hope, faith, dreams, and visions of the potential future all blend together for me after awhile.

Hope for me comes as part of faith mixed with positive experiences to cause me to beleive. Faith for me at least has less proof than hope. Visions of what the future can hold in store also fuel my hope because I only allow positive visions of the future ... well as much as possible.

What a great quote.

5:12 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Moggy...I know. It is often a long, steep ramp, huh?!

5:24 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Tom...I think 'hope' is easier when we have evidence or experiences to back it up, the same can be true for faith. But I also find that the closer I grow to God in relationship and knowledge, the more my hope becomes rooted in my faith. And the stronger my faith comes, even when the unknown is overwhelming. Through a very difficult time in my life, God showed me experientially it is possible to have inexpressible joy and the peace that passes understanding even when everything in my world was broken. I was a broken me.

Have a great week!

5:28 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

What a great way of thinking and living.

12:06 PM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home