Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Ice Baby...

My gardenia plants are decked out in chic black plastic for warmth. Maggie is wearing two sweaters. One when she needs to go outside for potty in which she gets wet from the sleet. And another one to warm her when she comes back inside. We lit a fire today. Ate delicious beefy veggie stew. I'm not inclined to venture outdoors for any reason. And I'm wearing multiple layers indoors with the heat on and a fire in the fireplace.

It's too cold. Not fond of the ice. But a slower pace is nice in which to read more, talk to friends, and spend time with God. The occasional hot toddy is nice too!

Stay warm and safe!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

Since I live in KY, I can not believe how warm it has been in Dec and Jan. Yesterday, rainy but 60.
Unreal. Supposingly colder weather is coming. I thought it would be upon us by now. Starting to think that it's gonna be winter in July!

Stay warm!

8:57 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Shae said...

Well I'm glad you are having the lovely ice too! Woudln't want you to be left out! lol We've been iced in since Friday (in NE Missouri)...bleh! Good thing it's a three day weekend. We almost lost power here, but Thank God we still have it. Half the town was without. The weather here is very cold but the precip is finally moving on. yea!! Just a chance of snow now. Stay warm!

9:37 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

Sounds lovey - A friend brought beef stew to work yesterday to share with me. She is such a sweet friend and she drove a lot farther to get to work than I did.

6:45 AM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home