Monday, January 29, 2007

Akiane: An Inspiring Young Girl

My friend, Moggy, who is a talented artist and the creator of My Life is a Cartoon sent me a link for Akiane.

Akiane is an amazingly talented young girl with a life obviously touched and blessed by God.She was born to an atheistic, stay-at-home Lithuanian homemaker mother, and an American father, chef, and dietary manager in 1994. She speaks four languages: Lithuanian, Russian, English, and Sign Language. She began drawing at the age of 4, painting at the age of 6. At 4, she had a life-changing spiritual transformation, bringing the family to God. The inspiration for her art and literature comes from her visions, dreams, observations of people, nature, and God. She wants people to find hope in her paintings and for them to be her gift to God. She describes herself as having a daring heart and a cautious mind. Her biggest wish is that "everyone would love God and one another."



Click here to see some of Akiane's beautiful and amazing art

Click here to see the heart of her poetry

Akiane's life goal is to share her love for God and people around the world. If you are inspired by this young girl, share her story and art with others who may be equally inspired by her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

How amazing!!!!!!!!!What an inspiration!!

8:49 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks so much for taking the time you did to write out thoughts on my blog about money. Some of what you said was helpful to me, particularly the sense that even if sometimes we feel tempted to always want to give, it's good to realize that sometimes God is allowing people that struggle for a good reason, so we don't always have to reach out to ease it. When I see my friends short on money, I do feel a compulsion to just help at times, and I think sometimes it's good, but sometimes it might keep them from learning something, so that was a good thing for me to consider. I am actually familiar with Crown.org and have heard their radio program several times. I began trying to work through the Crown money map a while back, and have made some progress with it, although I have some odd financial circumstances that make it difficult to keep the map exactly as it was designed. Anyhow, I feel really blessed when people share their thoughts on my blog, so that's mainly what I stopped by to say. Thank you. :-)

7:46 AM, January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home