Friday, May 25, 2007

Random Friday...

It continues to rain out ... I know it's good to help our lakes recover from the drought last year, but I miss the sun!


At the garden, we've been learning about composting; can you believe the temperature actually gets as hot as 160 degrees and this is a good thing?! (Okay, admittedly, I never had chemistry, but "wow!" I had no idea grass clippings and dead leaves would have that effect when mixed together and allowed to bake (more like roast!).


One of the many things I love about the garden is getting to know people. One girl is a college student and invaluable with her wit and willingness to always help. She is always there, and we're always laughing! She's going to Great Britain on a family vacation. I thought it was funny to make up a chance meeting with the Queen; I changed her T-shirt to make it read like she is a prince-loving tourist! When she saw this photo, she asked "why do I speak to you?!"


Not even Dave is safe from photo manipulation, as evidenced by his hood look!


Our friend Billy plays along...he's dressed like this because he was not born a Texan, but we took him out and naturalized him not long ago; now he's a bonafide card-carrying naturalized Texan, y'all. This photo was made on this grassy area between the Old School Book Depository Bldg (where Oswald was perched when he reportedly shot Kennedy) and that is the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Reunion Tower in the background.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sista Cala said...

Becoming a Texan is something that has changed me for ever. The fact of the matter, I lived in Texas a little over 3 years. I met a handsome native of Abilene. We have been married for 16 years now. God bless Texas!

9:00 PM, May 27, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

Looks like your having fun. I didn't want to miss your garden party, but I really needed to rest ;-)

10:24 PM, May 27, 2007  
Blogger Patterson Tweed said...

I didn't do it! I was in Virginia when Kennedy was assinated. The grass area is a great place for a picnic, isn't it?

3:11 PM, June 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home