Monday, May 14, 2007

Landscape Bliss!

I love learning about landscaping and gardening. With a little knowledge, inspiration, and perspiration, our yard --front and back-- is really beginning to be a lovely sight! The rains this year have also helped!

Our current project is replacing the sod in front. We started by trimming the trees back so the air could circulate and the sun reach through to the ground. For the past three days, by hand (i.e. shovel) we've been digging up the ground, going about 6 inches deep. We'll eventually till in compost and top soil using a tiller, but we wanted to get started by hand. I'm very excited about this project, and am actually enjoying the physical labor aspect of the project. I find being outdoors, working in creation, and then enjoying the fruits of my labor so very inspiring; I also immensely enjoy relaxing outdoors and just enjoying the sensory beauty of the work once completed!

How about you? What is your favorite project working outdoors?

Check out Landscape Bliss for great landscape design ideas and maintenance tips!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

I can imagine that your yard is lovely. I barely manage to keep mine cut enough not to get a city citation and I'm sure that at least one of my neighbors (who keep his lawn immaculate) hates me.

I guess I should blog less and mow more ;-)

8:52 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

Thanks for the links.

9:10 PM, May 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home