Wednesday, May 09, 2007

When Inspiration Goes Awry...

Sometimes inspiration strikes and 'IT' seems like a really good idea.

My recent inspiration had been percolating for a few weeks, so, it's not like I rushed into anything. I decided I should cut my hair. Short.

I've gone to my hairstylist, Michael, for 22 years, so he really knows me, and my hair. He thought it was a good idea. Dave thought it was a good idea. And since I'd been thinking about it for a while, I really thought it was a good idea.

After the cut, there was more hair on the floor, than on my head. Uh oh!

Before Dave came home from work, he asked how things turned out. When he arrived, he offered "fresh flowers for hair cut day." Tender.

I think I'm doomed for a few bad hair days ahead of me; at least until it grows out again. Like "the sister" in this video clip, I too have considered scampering under the bed and living out my life in darkness. But then, I remember that somewhere along the way of turning 40, I've chilled a bit and things don't really bother me much anymore. So, I guess I can live with looking like a total dork for a few months.



I hope you are having a great hair day!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...don't tease us like that! Where is YOUR picture?? Don't worry about it. J & G never laugh at me with my new haircuts!

4:09 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Capt'n,

Oh they laugh alright..."look! a new brillo pad!'

J&G just don't laugh where YOU can hear them. Ever notice how Jack seems to have a ball in his mouth? And Guiness says, "Whud?! I was doing 'El Fango!'"

4:19 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger barbie2be said...

i recently cut my mid back length hair short... alyssa milano on charmed short. halle berry short. i love it.

the thing to remember about it is, it's only hair and it will grow back. :) hang in there!

12:10 PM, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

I had my hair so short a couple of times that I could spike it up on top and the back was shaved.

I can't say that it was a good thing because the people I worked with threatened me if I went back for a third time to get the cut ;-)

The girl who gave me a perm a couple of weeks ago, told me my hair was too short for a perm and it would make my hair a lot shorter, but it didn't seem to cause too much trouble.

6:02 PM, May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home