Monday, May 21, 2007

Resolutions...

Did you make any resolutions as 2007 dawned? How are you doing with them? I don't know the stats, but it's a fact that many people do not achieve their 'good intention resolutions' set at the beginning of a new year. Why not make this the year we succeed?!

A friend and I made an accountability pact for the month of May. Today...on May 21, we took a look at the 'hard facts' for how we're doing. Sometimes, friends in support of one another, will agree that something is progress. And sometimes a 'cold hard fact reality check' is needed for a true assessment. That is today.

My friend asked... "Does it count?" in reference to a 'doing this vs. the previously committed to task" ... that really got me to thinking.

I realize that to succeed takes 3 things: Knowledge, Inspiration, and Perspiration.
Knowledge...knowing the true facts necessary to achieve change vs. thinking I know
Inspiration...Being inspired to truly commit and remain on task to change
Perspiration
...the willingness to work for it and to do it!

Because some of my May goals were to improve on my workout routine and overall condition and health, I found the 'cool tools' on this website helpful in truly understanding the impact some of my choices make!

A Healthy Me Cool Tools

Calorie Need Calculator

Calorie Burn Calculator

Daily Calorie Use Calculator

How Many Calories am I Drinking?

Waist-to-Hip Calculator

I hope you are on your way to achieving your goals!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Toknowhim said...

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog... Blessings to you on achieving your goals, Kim

6:58 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger Sincerity said...

Hm. I am still working towards my goals and even found new ones while pursuing my original intentions. Funny how God can sometimes change the plans we have. But the hardest thing for me is to wait on His timing.
He's moving people and events in all our lives... even when many times we can't see it happening. He's so cool!

3:21 PM, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home