Wednesday, January 31, 2007

When Inspiration Fades...

Sometimes we work really hard at something. We pray, ask God's guidance, and do our best. But still, failure and disappointment comes.

Monday, the title of a poem kept coming to my mind, "I Know Why the Caged Bird SIngs" by Mayou Angelo (I"d never read it before). Monday evening, I received an email from a friend who was really struggling. Things are really tough for her right now. And I told her how I asked God, as "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" kept coming to mind, what He wanted me to understand from this. I think, it's that even when things are tough, even when things outside our control cause us to struggle, we are to seek God. To find His joy in our heart.

Then, I clicked across this song on youtube by 'accident' ... "Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns; I hear it often on the radio, but this week, it has particular meaning to me as I have stumbled across my own rock of disappointment. Something I've worked very hard at, has hit a bad snag causing me to miss an important deadline. I don't know how it will turn out, but I know God does. So, I seek Him.

Click here to hear this great song

I like the way the person who created this video closes it:
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

God loves us very much and is as close to us as our next heartbeat. Cling to Him when the storms come. And praise Him when they pass! Because they always do!

4 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

Sorry to hear that you missed a deadline. Sometimes I feel like I'm running on a treadmill and not getting anywhere.

I hope everything works out and Thanks for sharing that video, I really like it.

6:48 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger algelic said...

I hate it when I work hard and fail. I usually get really depressed afterwards.

I'm not very religious. Half of my family doesn't have religion and the other consider themselves Christians because they wear a cross on their necks.
I'd say that I don't believe in God... but that wouldn't be completely true. Everytime something good happens to me, I think I owe it to Him. But I'm still trying to find myself... and when I do, maybe I'll also find religion.

3:30 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

I have overcome the world is some of the most powerful scripture that exists. I really feel connected when I read Mathew.

4:43 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Sincerity said...

Hello,

I'm sorry for your struggles. Remember Romans 8:28?
Its so nice to find someone else who loves Jesus as much as I do.
And your right, life can be hard but there is always hope.


Blessings to you.

2:06 PM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home