Sunday, February 18, 2007

Love Lost, Love Found



When I got in from church today, I unlocked the door so Dave could just let himself in when he arrived. I was in the kitchen and heard the door open twice. Instinct kicked in, and I knew Maggie must have ran out the door and he'd gone after her. Sure enough, I went out, and he was down the street looking for her. She's a beagle and when outside, the nose just takes over! My heart stopped when I realized no one knew where she was. One neighbor guessed that maybe she'd gone through his yard to the alley. So I took off running in my dress and boots calling out to her. Dave took off the other direction. A lady on the street behind me had just seen her. Fortunately, this nightmare only lasted a few minutes. Another neighbor a few doors down had found her in his garage, staring adoringly at their refrigerator, wagging her tail. His wife had taken her and placed her in my house while Dave and I were frantically looking for her.

I like to think she has a good life here. Lots of love, doggie treats, and as you can see from this photo made in December, full furniture privileges. But, a beagle will forever be a 2-year old, never thinking to look before crossing streets, or to remember she's not allowed to go off by herself. Tonite, she just wanted to lie on both Dave and me as we sat together on the couch watching TV. She is love. And I am thankful she is safe and home!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie W said...

Gotta love Beagles! My daughter has one named Maxi who acts the same way. I had a beagle as a girl, also all nose.
Since then I had a Great Dane and now an Aussie Shepherd mix. He stays home!

Bonnie

9:46 AM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Moggy said...

I'm glad "The Cat" doesn't try to go outside very often. I'm not sure we could catch him. Glad you found Maggie.

10:24 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Blessed said...

I'm so glad she is safe!!!
Today, when I came to work there was a lady who let her two labs out of her car. One lab was older and one was a pup. The pup was running crazily everywhere thru the parking lot......a busy medical building parking lot. She yelled for him but he was just being a puppy running everywhere and he would not come. I was over come with panic becuz of just how busy this area is. He came running near me and I just laid everything I had on me down (my purse, backpack, coat)in the middle of the parking lot and I started calling to him and saying "treat" as if he might know what this means since my pugs do. He came to me and just as I was about to grab his red collar he bolted and the panic filled my body again.
He started running towards his owner and I had to go I was late.
When I looked over my shoulder he was running in a field closer to his owner and I hoped he would finally come to her.
I was late but it was worth it.
I love animals so much even if they aren't my own. I'm sure Mr. Wild lab is home safely too. And I bet his owner won't let him loose like that again!!!

9:17 PM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger Sincerity said...

Awe! I'm glad Maggie is safe and sound! I've had that experience before too. Its funny but the animals just don't realize how dangerous the world can be. They're so innocent that way.

12:39 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger algelic said...

Awwwwww! So cute!!! ^^
I never had any real pets to worry about... BUT this one time my goldfish jumped out of his bowl and SOMEHOW hid under the microwave. Yes, how did he get there?! Thankfully I found him in time (I was constantly watching him... because he was a crazy fish with suicidal tendencies). LOL

12:51 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Bonnie, I have more people come up to me, instant love for Maggie saying "Can I pet her?! I had a beagle when I was a child." Our animals are so awesome!

1:29 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Moggy, funny, your Cat seems to have many wild adventures within the comfort of home!

1:29 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Blessed, we're wired the same. On my way decked out for a Christmas party one night, my date and I stopped to find the owners of an older pug standing in the middle of the street. Dave and I go for lots of walks and I'm always talking to the dogs in the yards all along the way. They are so funny. They'll be barking at you, and if you can tell if it's a girl or boy, then say something like "Hi Girl, you are such a good girl!" They'll stop barking and be like "ya know me?!" Thanks for helping those little doggies!

1:32 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Sincerity, so true. Trusting. Adventurous. Full of love. They have so much to offer.

1:33 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger A Life Inspired said...

Algelic...oh my gosh! That fish sounds very entertaining!

1:35 PM, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home