Thursday, May 08, 2008

Backstage!

Recently as I was tending my flower gardens, I found myself studying the intricate details of the flowers. I was awe-struck by the detail: the soft delicate, almost velvety touch of some blooms, the color and texture changes of their seed heads, the way the stems attach to the bloom. Have you ever taken a few moments to really look at the intricate beauty of a flower? It's really quite amazing as they are are so incredibly created, and like a snowflake, I've yet to see two identical flowers!

And as I studied the flowers and plants, I saw a correlation in how they are dressed in glory to provide such a gala event in my landscape and the same attention to detail in costume and set design of a stage performance. So, I went backstage to snap a few shots of my flowers as they performed their own brand of symphony. I hope you enjoy this special and unique performance!





Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I had the same feeling yesterday when I walked about my garden and gasped (from excitement) when I saw one of the iris's I planted last fall blooming.

3:19 PM, May 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home