Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Awakens at our Place!

We worked hard this past weekend creating a raised bed veggie garden from a part of our yard that was formerly a basically unused grassed side yard. I'll share more about that project in a future blog.

But wow!
Being outdoors after such a stormy week was just awesome! And it was exciting to see how Spring is awakening all around our home. Here are a few photos of what we have going on at our place!




The rose bushes are heavy with blooms, but this is the first one to appear in all her glory!




I love Gerber Daisies because they are so easy to grow, deliver such flowering beauty, and are perennials, which is great for building a great landscape design on a budget! We have them
planted in several beds throughout our property and they bloom almost year around here in Zone 8.




While I was looking through the camera viewfinder to get my Gerber Daisy shot, I was awed when a butterfly landed right in front of me and began sampling the delicacy of the Pincushion flower next to the Daisy! I also have added a lot of the Pincushion flowers to our landscape as they do indeed attract butterflies!




I enjoy Hawthorn shrubs year around, but in the Springtime, they add incredible beauty and drive-up appeal to our home's entryway!




I'm adding a new perennial, Kalanchoe , this year. I don't have any experience with this flower, so it's fun to try out something new!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Terra said...

Hi, I noticed you on Shoutlife, so had to visit here. I will be back, esp. to read some of your Christmas posts.
My first book "Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts" was written with 5 friends and will be published in October. Two of the writers are from Texas, three from Ohio, and then there's me, way out here in California.

4:46 PM, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Barbee' said...

That butterfly is precious - paying no attention to you - hungry little fellow.

I garden in zone 6, so your season is way ahead of mine. Therefore, I especially enjoyed your post.

9:08 PM, April 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home