Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tuesday Blooms ~ May 6

With Mother's Day just days away, this week's Tuesday Blooms is dedicated to Mom's everywhere! When we think of Mom's we generally think of "love" -- and no better flower bloom to visually portray love than a rose!

This rose beauty seems to soak in the sun's warm rays and reflect them back out.


I love the color and size of this rose (compare the bloom to the size of my hand!); she is layers of delicate beauty! (Traces of the recent hail storm damage can be seen on the wooden fence behind this rose.)


Our unique lavendar rose bush.


Twin beauties make their own bouquet!


I love this time of year when the sun sets late in the evening; this part of the yard receives the afternoon and evening sun and I like the way that is captured with the light and shadows in this shot.

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Tuesday Blooms! And be reminded to stop and admire the natural beauty all around! It's an invaluable gift we have!



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bren Haas said...

OH I LOVE THESE photos... the roses are wonderful. I have a few weeks before mine bloom up here in Ohio.
My lilacs' should be poppin' by the time I get home today so I will share those later. Thanks for everything you add at the Veggie board /Sparky!
Did I tell you I liked your page to my blogger site?
Happy Bloom Tuesday.

7:58 AM, May 06, 2008  
Blogger Vonavie said...

Beautiful! A fried of mine had the lavendar roses in her wedding. They are so lovely.

I want some roses in my garden... someday.

9:03 AM, May 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home